Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cannibalism Redefined, part 11

Cannibalism Redefined, part 11

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way..."I
Charles Dickens
A Tale of Two Cities

I did not start writing this series, two weeks ago, to address the current strike. The strike just fell in my lap as I was on a certain topic. Irony is not lost on me that I defend higher wages, more benefits and better treatment for many that may not be as fair to those that are less fortunate than them. I know there are those on picket lines that shop at box stores to save a few pennies rather than support local small businesses. Like I said there may even be some die hard republicans their that are against minimum wage increase or want lower corporate taxes. I respect your feelings, I do not agree with your opinions.

Humans always do the same things expecting that they are smarter than previous generations, able to produce better results while they repeat the same mistakes of the past.
We read history and old books that carry all warnings and we say then, "we believe" and proceed to do different.
The book above was a warning also to the English. The French Revolution preceded the Russian, and the Chinese followed the Russian, were there no warnings?Before the Egyptian uprising against Hosni I had asked, " what if the public lost the fear of dying?"
Workers in America are being oppressed at all levels, the true unemployment is near thirty percent if you take away the "safety net" payments. It is a good time to read "The Tale of Two Cities".






Sent from my iPod

No comments: