Thursday, June 22, 2023

ANOTHER DAY 15 A

LIFE IS A GAME OF CONNECT THE DOTS, IF YOU DON'T CONNECT ALL THE DOTS OR DON'T CONNECT THEM IN THE RIGHT ORDER YOU NEVER GET THE PICTURE ANOTHER DAY 15 A May be, I may sat something worthwhile, maybe not, who knows, who cares? I do like to talk, I have opinions, I have opinions on many things, and believe it or not, I do keep things to myself, most of the time. People think I am rude, sometimes, well actually most of the time, people think, I don't care what they think, I don't care what anybody thinks. Still, there are times when I wonder, if I am right in my opinions, most of the time, before I commit my thoughts to paper, or to the electrons on the internet, I double check my "facts", I do. If it is something newsy, I check the background and sources. If it is scientific or economic, I check the basis, the numbers, the background facts, who, when, where. It is an old habit. Whether it was making lesson plans, support plans for the "war effort", technical inspections of equipment, letters of agreement with "other forces", therapy plans for clients, (I have had the good luck of wearing many hats and playing many roles), I always had to be sure, one doesn't want to be caught short, that would be embarrassing. When you are called upon as a "subject matter expert" you don't want to look "silly". Opinions are only of value if they are "correct" and based in facts, based in "actual" knowledge, being sarcastic is easy and simple, especially when you are not planning to offer something of value to the discussion. But, we live in the age of "social media" , stupidity has been "democratized", everyone has an opinion and they demand that their opinion not only must be heard, but also must have equal weight as all other opinions. Corporations and political parties as well as others promote ideas that should and must be considered worthless, but nay, they have "value", no matter the harm done to the society at large, every conceivable nonsense must have equal value and equal regard. I WILL WRITE MORE SOON M. N. R. 22 JUNE 2023

No comments: