Tuesday, October 11, 2022

RANDOM THOUGHTS L 2

LIFE IS A GAME OF CONNECT THE DOTS, IF YOU DON'T CONNECT ALL THE DOTS OR DON'T CONNECT THEM IN THE RIGHT ORDER YOU NEVER GET THE PICTURE RANDOM THOUGHTS L 2 "After all, tomorrow is another day" , the last line from the novel/ movie "Gone with the Wind". But what is even more important is the line before that , "I'll go home and I'll think of some way to get him back.", Sadly we never want to stop, never give up, and that is a perfectly good approach to many situations in life, in work, in studies, in a profession. But the same attitude can be destructive in many other situations in life. Sometimes we have to understand that the whole idea is counterproductive and a waste of time. And even if tomorrow is an other day, our days are numbered. We stay involved in non-productive endeavors, in relationships that are not going anywhere, in addiction, in lousy careers. Sometimes, instead of facing a problem on its own we also blame one problem for all of the rest of the problems, even if true it doesn't solve any of the problems which must be dealt with individually. Taking up drinking, or doing drugs or having affairs has never solved any problems. And then there is the very real problem of the late 20th, early 21st century of "finding one's self", and I can empathize. Well have you lost something? How can you fund yourself when you haven't "lost yourself". Isn't ironic? To find yourself you must first lose yourself. But we live in the "me" age, it is all about "me", it is always about "me". And we go searching for "myself", we are so deeply attached to our own egos, that the idea of "losing" ourself is inconceivable, we don't even understand the concept, we can't even pretend to. "Sometimes, I find myself, looking for myself, sometimes, when I am not looking", (M. N. R.) I WILL WRITE MORE SOON M. N. R. 11 OCTOBER 2022

No comments: