Friday, August 11, 2023

ANOTHER DAY 17 A

LIFE IS A GAME OF CONNECT THE DOTS, IF YOU DON'T CONNECT ALL THE DOTS OR DON'T CONNECT THEM IN THE RIGHT ORDER YOU NEVER GET THE PICTURE ANOTHER DAY 17 A I shouldn't really count my days, but I do. It's been many days since wrote here last, more days pass, more thoughts gather, those thoughts get stale, they gather dust. Then dust devils whirl through my mind, my own thoughts start to smell old and musty. We must think, but we must also study, new ideas and new thoughts keep the mind from getting musty. I think. Who are we?? Who am I, who are you? What makes me or you important? At the end of the movie, "Saving Private Ryan", Captain John Miller, (Tom Hanks) tells Private Ryan (Matt Damon) , SPOILER ALERT, (they have suffered many casualties trying find and bring Ryan back, he is told that he is being shipped out from the combat zone to be returned home), "earn it", two simple words, what did he mean? We are Americans, we are free, we are proud, we have a functioning Democracy, sort of, we have rights, if we want to keep them. We have promises and guarantees if we can save them. Too many have died to save those rights, too many have fought, over the last two and a half centuries to bring us to this point. The struggles have not been simple or easy. Yet many today are willing to give up, nay even disavow and hand back what we have, to a system that we know is inherently corrupt. "EARN IT" I WILL WRITE MORE SOON M. N. R. 11 AUGUST 2023

No comments: