Thursday, December 16, 2010

THE TRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION

12-16-2010

I am posting here a riddle first, it is a poem of mine, a simple one, all you have do is to tell me who (which one, not me) wrote it. I had originally named it "A White Rose", then changed it to Face Off  later when I published it.



          FACE OFF


come here now face to face
or have you lost your spine
are you afraid my love
or that I may stake what's mine         

or were you just faking it all
all your guts and glory
proclaiming your love was above all
proclaim!, you were just feeling sorry

your facade and your courage
your claim, you are different
you were the same after it all
no investment. no commitment

let's agree here, then,  in the first
in this, the new here and now
best of things in life are free
and I did survive you somehow

did you ever find a, "your true love"
find a "yourself" that you choose
game of life ever ends in a draw
no matter, you win or you loose

why should I then ask for love
render my heart unbroken
thrown away, among rest of the heap
or worn around (your) neck as a token

here you are, dressed in black
circle of a life complete- yet broken!
a white rose, in your collar, proper!
gentle look, and a truce, unspoken

Life is so cruel in it's way
At last, we are here face to face
a kiss, your lips colder than mine

Slowly, not a whimper as you go
Restful, soft as a whisper I leave,
no foot prints, no trace

01/08/2003

                                                                                                                (M.N.R.)



LIFE IS A GAME OF CONNECT THE DOTS, IF YOU DON'T CONNECT ALL THE DOTS OR DON'T CONNECT THEM IN THE RIGHT ORDER YOU NEVER GET THE PICTURE

No comments: