Tuesday, November 27, 2007

INTRO

ALABAMA, 27 NOVEMBER 2007


AN INTRODUCTION TO THIS INTRO

Back in 2003, I started to write a book “Death of America”, then I said they will only think of me as anti American so I stopped. What we are up against in this country with the political problems and fiscal problems can not be addressed by a society that is self indulgent and ignorant. We are on a auto pilot flying into a cliff and we have our eyes shut. This is not written for amusement or for people with below average mental acuity and maturity.



INTRO

Bobby Bowden, not the real one but his real cousin, said “you know you go to hell for lying“, “then I will go to hell for speaking the truth”, I said.

Back in nineteen sixty nine or seventy, I was reading an Italian crime story novel, of the whole thing I remember one sentence only, “The best advice on living is written on the tombstones”, I have used the pseudonym of “tombstone” ever since. I am not a guru or a shaman or an oracle, I am an observer of life and a seeker of “the truth”. I have made it my business to see through the clutter of life and look for the real reality.

Knowledge is pain, it has made my life miserable, for the most parts, I find it hard to forgive myself for my sins. I have not led a pious life, actually just the opposite, so more than likely if I talk about the life at the “lower” end, it is more than likely I have lived there myself.

Pardon me my pessimism, I don’t hold much hope for the human race. Thus the title of “the prophet”, you see the prophets of yore did not hold out much hope for the human race either.

The Bible or Koran are books of stories, they talk to us of the human condition and give us examples of deeds and consequences, so are the writing of Shakespeare and Tolstoy, Margaret Mitchell, one can read either or all and get nothing from them or read any and learn a truth or two about life, it is totally dependent upon the reader and his or her brain power. God does not slap you in the face with a volume every morning to remind you to pay attention, that is your part. This column is written with the hope that someday someone we learn something. Like “The Truth“.

No comments: